Review Ozone Access 2012« Return to search results
|Size:||04m, 06m, 08m, 10m, 12m|
Entry level to intermediate foil snowkite from Ozone
Designers input and goals
"ACCESS: GOODBYE CHAIRLIFTS"
The Access is the ultimate entry level to intermediate snow kite. It has been designed for riders looking for an incredibly versatile and easy kite to ride for freeriding and backcountry exploring.
The new bridal plan design gives the rider a 100% flag out option. We still recommend that you land using the webbing brake handle to cleanly stall your kite, i.e. when taking a short break.
This new total flag out option is extremely useful when landing the kite at the top of a mountain. It allows you to completely kill the power and pack up in safety, ready to Freeride down the mountain.
What’s important for an entry level kite is excellent stability, easy to control constant power and safety. Thanks to the Access’s design riders are able to concentrate on their riding technique with confidence.From your first lessons on the snow to learning how to jump, backcountry riding and unhooked freestyling, the Access does it all!
Our design team and Pro riders always have a 4m or 6m with them when going backcountry as their “get out of jail card free” high wind kite.
The Access is constructed from top quality materials and features a double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec Ronstan Orbit Block Series 20 pulleys. Four unique blow-out-valves on the under surface allow the internal volume of air to be released when the kite is crashed into the ground.
- Double Pulley Speed System with new Ronstan Orbit Pulleys
- New Flag-Out safety
- Easy predictable handling
- Rock-solid stability
- Constant power
- Huge De-Power range
- Simple re-launch
- Added D brake lines enhance stall characteristics
- Closed cell leading edge with mesh for clean air intake and extra strength
- Dirt-Outs in tips
- Diagonal Ribs
- Blow out valves
- 54cm Access Control System with the Original Ozone Y-Line design & new Flag-Out Safety
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials; Highest grade OzTex 40D and Edelrid Sheathed bridal lines
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
The Contact-Snow Control System has been simplified and re-designed offering the latest in safety features, a clean control bar design and an easy-to-use trimming system. The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards.
Megatron Quick Release (primary release) –
The Contact-Snow system features Ozone’s proven Megatron quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. Easy re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster. Note: a leash must be connected to the control system.
Two Safety Modes –
The new Contact-Snow Control System offers riders a choice of safety modes; the recommended Flag Out safety, or the optional Brake Handle safety.
- The recommended Flag Out safety offers 100% flag out in all situations by releasing the Megatron or letting go of the bar when un-hooked.
- The Brake Handle safety method attaches the safety leash to the hand brake line that connects to the back leaders, when Megatron is released or the bar is let go the kite stalls down to the ground.
Low Friction Centre Piece –
The control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop –
Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
Simplified Trim System & Longer Foam Floats –
The new trim system has been simplified by removing the Re-ride and Cross lines. New longer foam floats provide better protection from the lines.
- Megatron quick release with 100% Flag out
- New clam cleat trimmer with Ronstan Orbit Pulley
- New magnetic trim handle
- New longer foam floats with internal back line trimming
- 54cm Control bar with low friction centre piece
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip
- Auto positioning chickenloop and bar enables hooking back in without taking your hands off the bar
- Easily un-twist your middle lines using the spinning handle
- Wide mouth chicken loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Colour coded leaders & 500/300kg flying lines
- Hideaway elastic line retainers
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards
|Size:||04m, 06m, 08m, 10m, 12m|
|Number of struts:||n.a.|
|Variable bar length:||No|
|Oh shit handles:||Yes|
We currently have no actual prices for this kite.